The IABT Foundation proudly supports ManUp! for Prostate Cancer throughout regional Queensland. We support the 'QantasLink It's a Bloke Thing' Education Roadshow presented by ManUp! with a goal to raise the publics 'brand awareness' for prostate cancer, its detection, its treatment and the need for a program that offers support to men living with prostate cancer. This year, the 'QantasLink It's a Bloke Thing' Education Roadshow will visit approximately 62 regional and rural communities and will cover more then 25,000km.
The IABT Foundation supports the region’s first ever specialist ManUp! Prostate Cancer Nurse who will start servicing Toowoomba and surrounding towns from May 9 this year. This will mean that prostate cancer patients who live in rural South West Queensland will no longer need to travel to Brisbane for specialist care and treatment.
ManUp! is an Australian prostate cancer support and education charity dedicated to reducing the impact of prostate cancer on Australian men. ManUp!’s mission is to share knowledge, fund dedicated prostate cancer care nurses and lower the rate of advanced Prostate Cancer.
ManUp! is dedicated to:-
- Educating Australian communities about prostate cancer, prevention and the importance of early detection through our events and Prostate Cancer Education Program.
- Ensuring that every man living with prostate cancer has access to the support of a Prostate Cancer Care Nurse.
Prostate Cancer is Australia’s most commonly diagnosed male cancer and the second leading cause of cancer rated death. Sadly, more men will die today of prostate cancer than women will of breast cancer. There is no way to prevent prostate cancer, however early detection through systematic screening can identify disease long before symptoms arise. Early stage prostate cancer is treatable and curable.
Reviews from The Man Up Road show:-
- That was an awesome Talk and I know everyone got a lot out of it. I am Booked in for a PSA at 8am tomorrow when I get home. Just passing on my appreciation.
Your presentation was by far one of the best we have ever had here on site being very informative, down to earth and able to really connect with all crew members. For any presentation to keep the crew talking about the topic all day, especially this topic, is no small feat. Hope fully you can keep up the great work and continue to connect with us, the most stubborn of genders, on such a touchy subject.
I’d like to say thank you very much for your recent visit to Burdekin Shire Council staff. I have had so much positive feedback from staff, with some saying they have made appointments and also been to appointments, also guys following up on their scores.
I just wanted to let you know that the presentation about prostate cancer was greatly appreciated. The presentation dismissed a lot of myths about the disease and highlighted the important things like the PSA test, getting it done every year and creating a baseline to compare your score. It was a very worthwhile presentation.
Fore more information, please visit www.manupaustralia.org.au.
PCFA have partnered with our Foundation for three years and are supported equally through Government funding and our 'Qantaslink It's a Blokes Thing Prostate Cancer Luncheon'.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) is a broad based community organisation and the peak national body for prostate cancer in Australia.
They are dedicated to reducing the impact of prostate cancer on Australian men, their partners and families, and recognising the diversity of the Australian community.
They do this by:
- Promoting and funding world leading, innovative research into prostate cancer.
- Implementing awareness and advocacy campaigns and education programs for the Australian Community, health professionals and Government.
- Supporting men and their families affected by prostate cancer through evidence-based information and resources, support groups and Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurses.
For more information, please visit www.prostate.org.au.
We have been partnering with the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation for over six years, helping them to provide support, education and medical care to families effected by prostate cancer.
The Toowoomba Hospital Foundation exists to:
- Support and promote the service of the Toowoomba Hospital, Baillie Henderson Hospital and Mt Lofty Heights Nursing Home.
- Promote integration of the Toowoomba Hospital, Baillie Henderson Hospital and Mt Lofty Heights Nursing Home into the Toowoomba urban community.
- Support the pursuit of excellence in service and people’s health outcomes at the Toowoomba Hospital, Baillie Henderson Hospital and Mt Lofty Heights Nursing Home by improving facilities, equipment, research and development, and education and training.
- Support the pursuit of excellence in service and health outcomes in regional health services in Queensland and Australia.
For more information, please visit www.toowoombahospitalfoundation.org.au.