What we do
Your enquiry has been sent to us. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Part of our fundraising efforts are spent to educate men and women in rural Australia about prostate cancer. The It’s a Bloke Thing Prostate Cancer Roadshow visits over 65 towns throughout regional Queensland annually, covering over 25,000km. Our goal is to raise the publics 'brand awareness' for prostate cancer, its detection, its treatment and the need for a program that offers support to men living with prostate cancer.
The program is presented in general community forums and workplaces – some businesses we have presented to include Glencore Mine, New Hope Group, Wagners and FK Gardner and Sons.
Our education roadshow is funded by the It’s a Bloke Thing Foundation and we rely on the support of local businesses to continue to develop the program – any support is greatly appreciated.
Our roadshow is presented by Manup Australia.
- That was an awesome Talk and I know everyone got a lot out of it. I am Booked in for a PSA at 8am tomorrow when I get home. Just passing on my appreciation.
- Your presentation was by far one of the best we have ever had here on site being very informative, down to earth and able to really connect with all crew members. For any presentation to keep the crew talking about the topic all day, especially this topic, is no small feat. Hope fully you can keep up the great work and continue to connect with us, the most stubborn of genders, on such a touchy subject.
- I’d like to say thank you very much for your recent visit to Burdekin Shire Council staff. I have had so much positive feedback from staff, with some saying they have made appointments and also been to appointments, also guys following up on their scores.
- I just wanted to let you know that the presentation about prostate cancer was greatly appreciated. The presentation dismissed a lot of myths about the disease and highlighted the important things like the PSA test, getting it done every year and creating a baseline to compare your score. It was a very worthwhile presentation.
If you would like to book the It’s a Bloke Thing Prostate Cancer Roadshow to visit your business or if you would like to attend a session please contact Jill Costello -
Ph: (07) 5688 0349
CAIRNS - 9th - 14th April 2018
- Monday 09/04/2018 10:30am -11:30am City Library
- Wednesday 11/04/2018 10:30am - 11:30am Smithfield Library
- Thursday 12/04/2018 10:30am - 11:30am Manunda Library
- Thursday 12/04/2018 4:00pm - 5:00pm City Library
- Friday 13/04/2018 2:00pm - 3:00pm - Stratford Library
CENTRAL QUEENSLAND - 3rd - 18th May 2018
3rd - 18th May 2018
Oakey Creek Mine - 2nd - 5th May 2018
Oakey Creek - Glencore Mine
- Wednesday 2nd May - Saturday 5th May
Clermont Mine - 6th - 12th May 2018
Clermont - Glencore Mine
- Sunday 6th May - Saturday 12th May
Emerald - 10th - 11th May 2018
10th - 11th May 2018
Rockhampton - 14th - 16th May 2018
14th - 16th May 2018
Yeppoon - 17th - 18th May
17th - 18th May
Mackay - 23rd - 27th June 2018
Council - D&T Engineering - Rotary & Lions Clubs - Bendigo Bank - Freemasons
- Saturday 23rd June - Wednesday 27th June
Townsville - 28th June - 3rd July 2018
Council - Jacobs - Rotary & Lions Clubs - Bendigo Bank - Freemasons
- Thursday 28th June - Tuesday 3rd July
Collingsville Mine - 4th - 8th July 2018
- Wednesday 4th July - Sunday 8th July
Mt Isa and Cloncurry
Sunshine Coast Hinterland
Mackay - 25th - 27th June 2018
Council - Landmark Harcourts - FKG
- Monday 25th June - Wednesday 27th June 2018 Council
- Monday 25th June 2:00pm Landmark Harcourts Office
- Monday 25th June 3:00pm FKG Office
Mackay - 25th June 2018
- Monday 25th June 7:00pm Mackay Masonic Centre
Townsville - 27th June - 2nd July 2018
Council - Jacobs Construction
- Wednesday 27th June - Monday 2nd July 2018 Council
- Friday 29th June 2:00pm Jacobs Construction
Cleveland - 12th July 2018
- Thursday 12th July 9:00am Star of The Sea Catholic Church Hall Cleveland
Jandowae - 17th July 2018
- Tuesday 17th July 7:30am Cattleman's Open Day (Wonga)